Stages of Fetal Development
- Day one - Conception
- By Week 2 – Cells of the fertilized egg are multiplying rapidly as it travels down the fallopian tube and begins to burrow into the uterine lining.
- By Week 4 – Your period has stopped and the embryo has implanted itself in the uterus. Mother may now test positive for pregnancy.
- By Week 5 – Heart is now beating and circulatory system is now well underway.
- By Week 6 – Nose, mouth and ears are starting to take shape. Intestines and brain are now rapidly developing.
- By Week 7 – Your baby has doubled in size, just this week, and hands and feet have emerged.
- By Week 8 – Your baby is moving now, though you won’t feel it. Neuropathways are branching out and the baby is able to feel pain. Breathing tubes now extend from throat to the lungs. Baby may now be sucking its thumb.
- 9-12 Weeks - All organ systems are functioning. Baby is kicking, hiccupping and has fingernails.
- After three months – Now fully formed, your baby just continues to grow and develop in size and maturity.
“And He took the children in his arms, put his hand on them and blessed them.”
We offer an alternative to an abortion. We will show you a path that you and your child can move forward in with independence together with support for up to a year and beyond. This is a special and unique time as a woman and a mother. Let us help you make it a special and positive experience for you and your new baby.